Monday, July 21, 2014

Sisterhood of the Traveling Palette Series: SUQQU Blend Color Eye Shadow in Mitsucha (The Mr. Brown Edition)

I am pleased to bring you another edition of the Traveling Palette Series!  Liz  (my sister from another mister) from So Lonely in Gorgeous pondered if one palette can flatter, amuse and delight a multitude of faces.  We embellished our faces with Addiction Departure the last time (me- here, Liz - here!) and this time we take on one of SUQQU's recent Spring permanent releases, Mitsucha.  Take a look at how a skillful application looks on beautiful Liz here.  When you come back, you can take a look at mediocrity on a Belly.

I've featured this palette several times before, but today, I meditate on the theme of BROWN.
Mr. Brown is very brown, is he not?  Brown suit, brown complexion, brown cow.  Moo.  Today I am inspired to go all out brown in a day brown version and then a night brown version featuring the golden brown tones of Mitsucha.


Day Look:

These are the products I used, until I realized that the liquid lipstick wasn't the brown I was looking for and ended up swapping that out for SUQQU Creamy Glow lipstick in Hiwada (swatches here).
In addition to a meditative slathering on the theme of brown, I also wanted to take the opportunity to carve out more depth and dimension on my eyes.
My base is a mixture of the Rouge Bunny Rouge liquid bronzer and the Addiction Tinted Skin Protector.  It imparts a very natural warm and slightly sheeny glow to the skin.  A light blush application of Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicata barely adds a nude color to the cheek bones.  SUQQU Creamy Glow lipstick in Hiwada is a very subtle yellow-toned peachy nude for unobtrusive shine and tonal balance.  Eyebrows are barely swept through with Shu Uemura H9 brow pencil in Seal Brown.
I was mentioning brown with dimension before.  For the eyes, I ran the enclosed fluffy brush in the SUQQU brow palette loaded up with the light brown contour shade (right side of the brow palette) from the side of the bridge of my nose and swept up in a slight curve to underneath the first 1/3 of my brows.  It's gives a slight illusion of a deeper, less flat curvature of my eyes.

I used the darkest brown shade with a pointy pencil brush (Chikuhodo Z10) to lightly define my socket line.  I also used the same dark shade to define around my upper and lower lash line.  I mixed the copper & gold shades and used that to color the upper lid and also lightly on my lower lash line.  I blend out the edges with the pearly base shade from the palette with a fluffy blending brush.  I tight lined for additional subtle definition to the upper lashes.
It's a low contrast look, that is still defined with enough angular depth around the eyes to make it interesting.  I don't know, it's certainly daytime wearable, but it look a lot of time doing the eyes considering how simple the whole thing looked.  If I did my face like this for work every day, I would be late all the time.

All right, a Night Look:

Brown is my story and I am sticking with it.  My night look is similar in concept to the day one above, but used more intense colors in the lips and cheeks as well as amping on the colors selected for the eyes.


For night time, I swapped out the lipstick with the intense brown red SUQQU Creamy Glow Ichijiku.  And I added in the Tom Ford Ravish blush, as well as the Tom Ford Bronzer in Gold Dust* (provided as a gift by the brand) and Tom Ford liner in Espresso.
For the complexion, it was really a matter of really heavily applying the Gold Dust bronzer.  Too bad the picture doesn't show the sheen of this bronzer, but it is something spectacular.  I don't wear this often because it really isn't the more natural look I tend to go for on the complexion, but when the light hits the skin, it is like a disco ball of the utmost high class.

Tom Ford Ravish is a true chameleon for me.  I wear it with a very light hand most times and it acts the way a nude blush like Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicata would (from the Day Look).  But applied with a forceful hand, the brown-red tones really come blooming forth.  Quite something, eh?

Isn't there some outdated rule that says don't do all features with intensity at the same time?  Well, FECK IT!  Eyes, Cheek, Lips!  BROWN!  BROWN COW NOW!  SUQQU Ichikiju is a stunning red to complement all the other strong features in this night (hooker) look.

Close up of the Mitsucha eyes:
 This night eye is reasonably similar to the day eye.  The big difference is really Tom Ford Espresso eye liner that is used to define around the lash lines.  I used it to also color in my lower waterline.  The same dark brown in Mitsucha was applied a bit more forcefully around my socket line.  The copper was applied to the mobile lid as well as on my lower lash line.  I used a flat paddle brush to then apply the bright Mitsucha gold to the center of my upper lid.
Hope you enjoyed this installation from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Palette Series, the Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You edition!

What colors are your favorites for a single-color meditative session on your face?

Would you like to participate in the sisterhood with Mitsucha?  If so, send me a link and I would be happy to link you in this post!

Until next time, sisters, MOOOOOOO!
___________________________________________________________________________
*this post contains a product that was provided without charge.  Please check out my disclosure policy on this sort of stuff (here).

15 comments :

  1. "Oooh, the wonderful sounds Mr. Brown can do!"

    I love the Day-MOO tone-on-tone look, soo v. understated yet chic. I bet that also will look lovely w/ one of the Lipslique that you owned (maybe Hevyn?). How do you like Lunasol Liquid Lip? Also love the Ichijiku on the Night-MOO, again so v. chic combo w/ the brown-MOO on the eyes. MOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YEAH! I knew I can count on you, Claire, Mom of Tod, to know the words to this book. Man, I've read this book so many times! And I love the musicality of the words. Such a fun read.

      I wear Hevyn all the time! A great color! I really love the Lunasol, which is a gift. It seems to me more of a gloss (EEEEK) than a lipstick (or liquid lipstick) but I tell myself it's a lipstick so it's all A-OK. It has a really beautiful light texture and zero stickiness. It looks very plush on the lips and not a crazy glassy glossy look. Very lovely. Did you see them in person when you were at the Lunasol counter, too?

      MOOOOO, to you!

      Delete
    2. Mr. Brown and several other Dr. Seuss board books (Hop on Pop, One Fish Two Fish, etc.), I pretty much memorize them (some also from Sandra Boynton) :-D Fun read, indeed!

      Yes, I vaguely remember trying this on Lunasol counter, I pretty much tried everything there, also Maquillage and RMK so my recollection is quite hazy. Although, speaking of lipsticks, I am waiting for an opportune moment to pounce onto Visee, maybe one or two. So long as they have no scent/taste.

      Delete
    3. I love one fish, two fish and how completely ridiculous it gets. Always gets me & the kids into a fit of giggles. Though they are a little too old for the Seuss books, so we don't read them so often these days. I LOVE the Boynton books! We ate through (literally, the kids used to chew on these) many of those. So cute.

      I bet when you go through everything, it's hard to have anything stand out. The Visees are awesome, though I know Driveller really did not get on with them. :)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I love the way Ravish looks on you Belly. I told myself I dont want any more of those Tom Ford blushes but seeing Ravish on you - MY WALLET CRIES.

    Anyway, i love the night look! This is such a unique series I can't wait to read more of - sisterhood of the travelling /anything makeup/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ravish is one of my very first purchases from Tom Ford and still remains one of my very favorites (among the brand and among all my blushes)! Sharriiiiina, this is such a great color and so versatile for both subtle and intense applications. :) But I hear you, a TF purchase is quite painful on the walllet. I HEAR YA!!!

      Sharina, if you are interested in doing a sisterhood post with me & Liz, please let us know!! We would love that and more the merrierrrrerrerer.

      Delete
  3. Night Mooooo!!!!! Looooove!!!!! Love the sophisticated look, a little vampy, just enough in fact. Ravish looks gorgeous and is my kind of color, so versatile. I should look into that, into a similar color I mean since we don't have TF here (feww!). Now that sparkly brown in the lower left corner... fab, just fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boujour Helene! Thank you so much. :DDD These posts are always so fun to do! Love the warm browns in this palette which is so versatile. Ravish goes with all TEH THINGS!

      Delete
  4. How do you do it?! Another fantastical post sista :) Love both looks <3 Both Ichijiku and Ravish (two favs) look gorgeous on you. Looking forward to the next post sweetie darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it because you have the best ideas, Liz! :-***
      Always am looking forward to more shenanigans with you.

      Delete
  5. Like the Mr. brown poster...so funny. Another enjoyable post from you. This is the reason why I keep coming back. I super love your posts. Love the makeups that you choose like the Night Moooo. You look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tom Ford blush is beautiful. So jealous. I've also been seeing a lot of that Loreal Telescopic mascara. If there is a waterproof version, I'm definitely down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Giedre! Ravish is a great blush shade.
      That L'Oreal mascara is excellent and the one featured here is the waterproof version!

      Delete
  7. I was all, "Meh, neutrals" until I saw that Suqqu lipstick. OH GOD I NEED DIS.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...